2016 Toyota Tacoma Tour!Blog Jun 17th, 2015
What better way to say thank you to all the Dad’s out there than attending one of the rare opportunities to look at the 2016 Tacoma! It has been the talk of the market! Follow along with #tacomatour2016 on Twitter @TacomaTour2016 and on facebook! Don’t miss your chance to get expert advise from truck gurus Howard Elmer and Eric Descarries at the following locations:
Friday June 19th – Bass Pro Shops, Niagara-on-the-lake
1-3PM – Meet & Greet
9 AM – 6 PM – Experience the first Toyota Test Tack simulated terrain event in Niagara!
Saturday June 20th – Bass Pro Shops, Vaughan Mills Shopping Centre, Vaughan
1–3 PM – Meet & Greet
10 AM – 6 PM – ‘Ride and Drive’ a wide range of Toyota vehicles
Here’s what the news have to say about the 2016 Tacoma:
(TORONTO, ON – June 17, 2015) Ready to dominate virtually any terrain in its path, the all—new 2016 Toyota Tacoma is pulling into various summertime events across the country, beginning this Father’s Day weekend. Offering a rare opportunity to take a close look at the new Tacoma before it hits dealerships nation-wide this Fall, truck enthusiasts may be adding an unexpected gift to their wish list this year. In addition to test-driving a range of vehicles representing Toyota’s longstanding legacy of rock-solid, adventure-fuelled trucks, consumers at select locations will have the opportunity to learn about the all-new Tacoma first-hand from two of the country’s most seasoned truck experts, Howard Elmer and Éric Descarries.
“We’re so excited about the all-new Toyota Tacoma, that we couldn’t wait to show it off to Canadian truck lovers,” said Larry Hutchinson, Vice President of Toyota Canada Inc. “The new Tacoma is as aggressive and bold as it is safety-focused and comfortable, offering the perfect combination of ruggedness and reliability that you’ve come to expect from Toyota trucks.”
“Last year the Trans-Labrador highway during spring break-up, made for a true Canadian test of the Toyota Tundra pick-up truck, says Howard Elmer, veteran truck journalist. “This year we turn our attention to the Tacoma. This compact pick-up has a loyal following across the country – however, with the variety of updates in this next-generation 2016 model – including a new engine option, I’m looking forward to customer reactions at the coming introductions.”
Éric Descarries, Québec-based truck writer and NASCAR expert adds “We’re looking forward to meeting and chatting with Canadians across the country this summer to get their thoughts on the all-new Tacoma and get a stronger sense of what they’re looking for in a compact pickup truck. We’re confident this new addition to Toyota’s fierce truck line-up will exceed their expectations.”
No stranger to the power and capability of Toyota trucks, renowned auto journalists and truck specialists Howard Elmer and Éric Descarries are excited to share their passion and relive their epic 2014 journey across the Trans-Labrador Highway where two Toyota Tundra pickups were put through the most rigorous road test imaginable. The journey took 10 days and covered 6,000 kilometres of dense wilderness, few road services or communities and extreme weather conditions. Elmer and Descarries, along with their crew will be on-site at select locations across the country to show off the all-new Tacoma and offer expert advice to truck lovers.
The 2016 Toyota Tacoma offers an exciting range of brand new and improved features, and is ready for any adventure Canadian compact pick-up truck enthusiasts have in mind. It includes:
- A stronger chassis and frame, reinforced with high-strength steel
- All new choice of a segment-first 3.5L 270 hp Atkinson cycle V6 equipped engine with Toyota’s D-4S technology
- Increased agility and impressive handling performance
- A perfect blend of style and functionality with a more chiseled face, a taller hood, muscular fender flares and a high beltline and an aggressive front grille
- The first-ever factory available Toyota tri-fold hard tonneau cover
- Numerous technological enhancements, from wireless upgrades to navigation and a standard GoPro® mount to capture every moment of its driver’s Global adventures
- The utmost in safety and efficiency features, including high-tech headlights and available LED DRL’s, increased air bag offerings, a more efficient Anti-lock Braking System, improved off-road visibility and more
- Multiple opportunities for drivers to customize their driving experience with four available grades, two different configurations and a huge assortment of available upgrades.